- Ph.D., Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, The University of Iowa
- M.S., Community Health, The University of Iowa
- B.A., Anthropology, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Asst. Professor, Department of Geography, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Asst. Professor, Department of Occupational & Environmental Health, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa
- Environmental epidemiology
- Water contaminants and chronic health effects
- Environmental health policy
Ward MH, Kilroy BA, Weyer PJ, Andersen KE, Folsom AR, Cerhan JR. Nitrate Intake and the Risk of Thyroid Cancer and Thyroid Disease, Epidemiology, 21(3): 389-395, 2010
Burkholder J, Libra R, Weyer P, Heathcote S, Kolpin D, Thorne PS, Wichman M. Impacts of waste from concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) on water quality. Environ Health Perspec, 115(2):308-312, 2007.
Weyer PJ, Smith BJ, Feng Z, Kantamneni JR, Riley DG. Comparison of nitrate levels in raw water and finished water from historical monitoring data on Iowa municipal drinking water supplies. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 116(1-3):81-90, 2006.
Weyer P, Cerhan J, Kross B, Hallberg G, Kantamneni J, Breuer G, Jones M, Zhang W, Lynch C:
Municipal drinking water nitrate level and cancer risk in older women: The Iowa
Women’s Health Study. Epidemiology, 11:327-338, 2001.
Professional Society Memberships:
American Public Health Association
American Water Works Association
International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
Society for Epidemiologic Research