- Ph.D., Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, The University of Iowa
- M.S., Community Health, The University of Iowa
- B.A., Anthropology, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Geographical & Sustainability Sciences, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Occupational & Environmental Health, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa
- Environmental epidemiology
- Water contaminants and chronic health effects
- Environmental health policy
Inoue-Choi M, Jones RR, Anderson KE, Cantor KP, Cerhan JR, Krasner S, Weyer PJ, Ward MH. Nitrate and nitrite ingestion and risk of ovarian cancer among postmenopausal women in Iowa. Int J Cancer. 2014 Dec 8. Doi: 10.1002/ijc.29365.
Weyer PJ, Brender JD, Romitti PA, Kantamneni JR, Crawford D, Sharkey JR, Shinde M, Horel SA, Vuong AM, Langlois PH. Assessing bottled water nitrate concentrations to evaluate total drinking water nitrate exposure and risk of birth defects. J Water Health.2014 12(4):755-762.
Brender JD, Weyer PJ, Romitti PA, etal. Prenatal Nitrate Intake from Drinking Water and Selected Birth Defects in Offspring of Participants in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Environ Health Perspec, 2013 121(9): 1083-1089.
Ward MH, Kilroy BA, Weyer PJ, Andersen KE, Folsom AR, Cerhan JR. Nitrate from drinking water and diet and risk of thyroid cancer and abnormal thyroid conditions among women in Iowa. Epidemiology. 2010 21(3): 389-395.
Professional Society Memberships:
American Public Health Association
International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
Iowa Public Health Association
Society for Epidemiologic Research