- Ph.D., Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, The University of Iowa
- M.S., Community Health, The University of Iowa
- B.A., Anthropology, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Geographical & Sustainability Sciences, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Occupational & Environmental Health, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa
- Environmental epidemiology
- Water contaminants and chronic health effects
- Environmental health policy
Brender JD, Weyer PJ, Romitti PA, etal. Prenatal Nitrate Intake from Drinking Water and Selected Birth Defects in Offspring of Participants in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Environ Health Perspec, 121(9): 1083-1089, 2013.
Inoue-Choi M, Ward MH, Cerhan JR, Weyer PJ, Anderson KE, Robien K. Interaction of nitrate and folate on the risk of breast cancer among postmenopausal women. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64(5):685-94.
Ward MH, Kilroy BA, Weyer PJ, Andersen KE, Folsom AR, Cerhan JR. Nitrate Intake and the Risk of Thyroid Cancer and Thyroid Disease, Epidemiology, 21(3): 389-395, 2010
Weyer P, Cerhan J, Kross B, Hallberg G, Kantamneni J, Breuer G, Jones M, Zhang W, Lynch C:
Municipal drinking water nitrate level and cancer risk in older women: The Iowa
Women’s Health Study. Epidemiology, 11:327-338, 2001.
Professional Society Memberships:
American Public Health Association
International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
Iowa Public Health Association
Society for Epidemiologic Research